Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Foot

Well it seems time has caught up with me, my left ankle is shot so to speak.

The doctor says it is a combination of too many sprains and a tear in the tendon, and being flat footed has not helped.

So I figure in about four months I am going to have to cave in and have the surgery. The doctor is excited to do it, he says it will be a interesting and thrilling operation. He has me worried, good thing I like and trust him. He said they will take a scope and clean out the ankle joint, I have a chip floating around in there, then cut and reattach the tendon, and then go in and redo the arch.

I should have to wear a cast for like six weeks and then take another six weeks to learn how to walk again.

I got my niece and her husband to take me down South for the surgery and they will bring me home. Hopefully my ds will be in his new program so he will be picked up in the morning and taken to school.

And hopefully by the next night I can go back to taking care of everything. :)

And yeah I am a little scared.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm going to send you daily vats of chicken soup, not that soup will do anything at all for your foot, but the love behind it will.

That gang is all rooting for you.

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Darling girl, did you get a second opinion?

Other than that, right in there with you. Hugs and love.

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.